As you make plans to join us for the Sept. 29, 2013 “AAA 400” NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race, we hope you are as excited as we are for the third event in the 10-race Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup!
For those of you who experienced some extended wait times in entering the grandstands at our spring 2013 event, we’d like to again apologize and assure you we’ve been working all summer to correct this issue.
We don’t want to get rid of our long-standing tradition of allowing fans to bring their own food and drinks into the grandstands, and there are no plans to do so. That said, in order to create the safest environment possible for our fans, we will need to continue conducting security searches at the gates.
To ensure you make your way to your seats to enjoy the day’s race as quickly as possible, please follow these helpful hints to ease your admission process at the gates:
- ARRIVE EARLY! The easiest way to beat the rush into the grandstands is to get there before the crowds do.
- HAVE BAGS/COOLERS READY FOR INSPECTION! For your safety and the safety of all of our great race fans, we will be conducting bag and cooler searches upon entry. To speed up this process, make sure you have all pockets of your bag and/or cooler open and ready to be inspected.
- TAKE ADVANTAGE OF EXPRESS LANES! For those coming to the race without a bag/cooler, line up in our all-new Express Lanes to avoid waiting for those going through bag inspection. Express Lanes are located at Gates 4A, 5A, 16A and 18.
- SEARCH FOR SHORT LINES! While your race ticket states which gate to use for the most direct access to your seat in the grandstands that is not the only gate you can use to get into the race. Click here to see a grandstand access map, and learn which other gates you can use to access your seating section.
- FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH GRANDSTAND POLICIES! Click here to see our full list of grandstand policies, which outlines all allowed items, as well as prohibited items, to help you plan ahead for what you can bring into the race.
If you follow these helpful hints, plus keep up with us on raceday via our Facebook and Twitter pages for up-to-the-minute updates, your gate entry process should be a breeze and you will be in your grandstand seat enjoying 400 miles of Monster Mile action in no time!