Helpful Hints to Remember on Race Day
We here at Dover are very excited for you to join us this spring for the May 31, 2015 “Fed Ex 400 benefiting Autism Speaks” NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race!
It is our goal to make wait times when entering the grandstands as short as possible. We appreciate your patience during this process and we assure you we work hard every year to improve the entrance process. We must balance your safety with speed in processing everyone, and we strive to do our best each event.
We have a long-standing tradition of allowing fans to bring their own food and drinks into the grandstands, and there are no plans to change that. That said, in order to create the safest environment possible for our fans, we will need to continue conducting security searches at the gates, and we appreciate your corporation.
To ensure you make your way to your seats to enjoy the day’s race as quickly as possible, please follow these helpful hints to ease your admission process at the gates:
• ARRIVE EARLY! The easiest way to beat the rush into the grandstands is to get there before the crowds do! Arriving early will allow you to settle into your seat to enjoy the pre-race festivities before the race begins. We suggest that fans head to the gates approx. an hour or more before race time to avoid lines as people progress through the admission process.
• HAVE BAGS/COOLERS READY FOR INSPECTION! For your safety and the safety of all of our great race fans, we will be conducting bag and cooler searches upon entry. To speed up this process, make sure you have all pockets of your bag and/or cooler open and ready to be inspected.
• SEARCH FOR SHORT LINES! Be sure to remember that you have multiple options as to which gate you choose to enter the speedway as listed on your ticket. Click here to see a grandstand access map, and learn which other gates you can use to access your seating section.
• FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH GRANDSTAND POLICIES! Click here to see our full list of grandstand policies, which outlines all allowed items, as well as prohibited items, to help you plan ahead for what you can bring into the race.
• WANDING! As an added safety precaution, we will conduct a quick wanding scan of each person when you enter the gates. This is similar to the admission process you may be used to encountering at all NFL and MLB games.
If you follow these helpful hints, plus keep up with us on raceday via our Facebook and Twitter pages for up-to-the-minute updates, your gate entry process should be a breeze and you will be in your grandstand seat enjoying 400 miles of Monster Mile action in no time!