Event benefits non-profit organizations and includes third annual Monster Mash Marathon and Half Marathon
DOVER, Del. – Dover International Speedway and a host of local non-profit organizations will again team up this fall for the fourth annual Monster Miles for a Cause event on Saturday, Oct. 19 at the track, with the event raising awareness and funds for a variety of noble causes.
As in years past, the event will include a series of one-mile walks for each charity involved, the third annual Monster Mash Marathon and Half Marathon, which for the first time this year will serve as a Boston Marathon qualifier, and a pair of 5K runs/walks. Monster Miles for a Cause will also include vendors, food from Troops BBQ and Grotto Pizza, donated Aquafina water from Pepsi Bottling Ventures of Delmarva, live music, a Touch-A-Truck area and more.
The day’s schedule, as well as registration for participating groups, is as follows:
- 7 a.m. — Monster Mash Marathon and Half Marathon Begins
- 9 a.m. — Boy Scout Troop 634 “Scout Scurry 5K” Begins
- 10 a.m. — Fellowship of Christian Athletes 5K Begins
- 10 a.m.-noon — Monster Miles for a Cause Walk Registration
- Noon — Walk to Fight Breast Cancer (Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition)
- 12:20 p.m. — Walk to Cure Diabetes (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)
- 12:40 p.m. — Arc of Delaware Walk
- 1 p.m. — Walk For Wishes® (Make-A-Wish® Mid-Atlantic)
Anyone wishing to participate in any of the walks must be registered with at least one of the organizations listed above.
The Monster Mash Marathon and Half marathon will begin with a lap around the Monster Mile, a one-mile concrete oval track, then run around the state capitol grounds into the Little Creek, Port Mahon and Leipsic areas around the Delaware Bay, before finishing back at the track in Victory Plaza. Given the time of year, marathon runners are encouraged to get into the spirit of the holiday and dress in Halloween costumes.
For more information on the Fourth Annual Monster Miles for a Cause, contact any of the participating non-profit groups directly. To learn more about the Third Annual Monster Mash Marathon and Half Marathon, email firstname.lastname@example.org.