Think you can grow an awesome “Chase Beard?” Dover International Speedway and Pocono Raceway are teaming up for a new contest with a focus on facial hair. Throughout the 10-race Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, fans are encouraged to grow “Chase Beards, ” similar to the “Playoff Beard” movement in the NHL and NFL.
Determined by fan votes on social media, the winner of the contest will receive a pair of 3-Day tickets and Cold Pit Passes to each track’s respective spring NASCAR event weekends and the following: 1 Maestro’s Classic Large Spirited Blend Set (wash and butter), 1 large Maestro’s Classic Cigar Box, 1 Maestro’s Classic baseball t-shirt, 1 custom Maestro’s Classic leather wallet with included metal comb.
The three runner ups will not go away empty handed, as they will each receive: 1 Maestro’s Classic small spirited blend set (wash and butter), 1 wooden comb, and 1 small Maestro’s Classic Cigar Box.
Here’s how it works:
- Participants should start with a clean-shaven face on Sunday, Sept. 14, 2014. Send us your before pics!
- Share your progress on social media with the hashtag #ChaseBeardChallenge and make sure you send a final photo to either Dover International Speedway at firstname.lastname@example.org or Pocono Raceway at email@example.com no later than 12 Noon ET on Friday, Nov. 7, 2014. Final entry photos must have the date included (i.e. write the date on a piece of paper and hold it up in the photo).
- All entries will be compiled into Facebook albums at either Facebook.com/DoverInternationalSpeedway or Facebook.com/PoconoRaceway on Sunday, Nov. 9, 2014. Fans can vote for their favorite beard photo through Wednesday, Nov. 12, 2014.
- Four (4) finalists will be selected (two  from each track’s page) and posted to both tracks’ Facebook on Thursday, Nov. 13 and Twitter on Friday, Nov. 14, 2014. Fans will vote for their favorite photo from the finalists.
- Votes will be combined from both tracks’ Facebook and Twitter pages to determine a winner.
- Voting will end on Sunday, Nov. 16, 2014 at the checkered flag of the “Ford Ecoboost 400” at Homestead-Miami Speedway, or approximately 7 p.m. ET
- Winner will be announced on Monday, Nov. 17, 2014.
To read the Official Rules, click here.