Event benefits non-profit organizations and includes second annual Monster Mash Marathon and Half Marathon
DOVER, Del. – Dover International Speedway will again team up with local non-profit organizations for the third annual Monster Miles for a Cause on Saturday, Oct. 20 at the Monster Mile. The event will raise awareness and funds for a variety of causes.
Monster Miles for a Cause will again include a series of one-mile walks for each charity involved, as well as the return of the Monster Mash Marathon and Half Marathon, which is coming off a successful inaugural event in 2011. There will also be vendors, food, raffles, an auction and more. Pepsi Bottling Ventures of Salisbury, Md. will donate Aquafina water to event participants.
The day’s schedule, as well as registration for participating groups, is as follows:
- 5:45 a.m.-11 a.m. (approximately) — Monster Mash Marathon and Half Marathon registration and race
- 8-10 a.m. — Registration for the Fellowship of Christian Athletes 5K Run/Walk
- 10 a.m. — Fellowship of Christian Athletes 5K Run/Walk
- 10 a.m.-noon — Monster Miles for a Cause walk registration
- Noon — Walk to Cure Diabetes (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)
- 12:15 p.m. — Walk to Fight Breast Cancer (Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition)
Anyone wishing to participate in any of the walks must be registered with at least one of the organizations listed above.
The Monster Mash Marathon and Half Marathon, benefiting the Wounded Warrior Project, will begin with a lap around the Monster Mile, a one-mile concrete oval track, then run around the state capitol grounds into the Little Creek, Port Mahon and Leipsic areas around the Delaware Bay, before finishing back at the track in Victory Plaza, presented by AAA. As was the case last year, marathon runners are encouraged to get into the season and dress in Halloween costumes.
For more information on the Third Annual Monster Miles for a Cause, contact any of the participating non-profit groups directly. To learn more about the Second Annual Monster Mash Marathon and Half Marathon, visit www.piranha-sports.com or email email@example.com.