RV PARKING OVERVIEW
RESERVED RV SPACES
If you’re coming to a race at Dover International Speedway, there is no better way to spend the weekend with us than to set up in one of our RV lots for a few days. With more than 3,500 RV spaces spread out across our land at the Monster Mile, there’s plenty of space for you to park and make Dover your home for a few days, all while enjoying the company of the tens of thousands of race fans that are visiting and the many amenities we provide you. The following will give you all the information you need for RV parking at Dover International Speedway. Just click and learn! And call 800-441-RACE with any questions you may have.
All RV Parking should enter the available lots via Leipsic Road, off of Rt. 13. Please report directly to the desired lot.
UNRESERVED RV SPACES
The reserved RV spaces at the Monster Mile are the only places where customers can guarantee the exact spot they will be parking in for race weekend. The spaces provide the convenience of having your own, guaranteed spot, as well as placing you in close proximity to the track.
Reserved RV spaces in Lots 2 and 7 must be purchased over the phone with the Dover ticket office at 800-441-RACE. Reserved spaces, which cost $130, are not available online.
For anybody who is interested in reserving an RV space in Lot 8, please call Lonnie Steele at 302-420-1093.
Click below to download a PDF of each individual reserved RV lot.
ADA RV SPACES
The unreserved RV spaces at Dover International Speedway are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis to those arriving. The spaces also give fans the chance to save money if they purchase their spot early, as any space booked in the Value Pricing Period will cost $70, and then $100 until the race. The Value Pricing Period ends on Aug. 29 for the Sept. 30-Oct. 2 NASCAR tripleheader weekend.
To prepay for a spot in RV Lot 6 or 10 at Dover International Speedway, call the Dover ticket office at 800-441-RACE.
Click below to download a PDF of each individual unreserved RV lot.
2016 RV LOT HOURS OF OPERATION
Reserved RV Lot 7 and unreserved RV Lot 6 are designated for ADA customers. For more information, click here.
Saturday, May 7 and Sunday, May 8 – 8 a.m. to noon
Monday, May 9 to Sunday, May 15 – 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 24 and Sunday, Sept. 25 – 8 a.m. to noon
Monday, Sept. 26 to Sunday, Oct. 2 – 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
RV AND TENT CAMPING - RULES AND REGULATIONS
When you decide to stay with us in one of our many RV lots on a race weekend, we want to make sure you have everything you need, right here on site. That’s why at the Monster Mile, we provide you with a number of wonderful services, many for free and some with a nominal fee attached.
See the list below to find out all of the great services you can take advantage of in our RV lots on race weekend.
ACME Convenience Tent Store
Stock up on your groceries when you arrive at the track with the ACME Convenience Tent Store. Located at the Leipsic Road entrance to RV Lot 10, this tent store gives race fans a 2,500-square-foot grocery store right on-site, with items for sale that include: meat, deli items, bakery items, fresh fruit and vegetables, chips, cookies, crackers, prepared foods, beverages and more.
A free service, fans can pick up water to the left of the main entrance of the track off of Route 13 and in the front section of RV Lot 10.
If you’re trying to figure out which RV lot is best for you on race weekend, but you’re discouraged by some of the ones that have a slightly longer walking distance to the track, don’t be! A courtesy shuttle is available from RV Lot 10 for patrons parked in Lots 8, 9 and 10. The shuttle runs from noon until 8 p.m. on Fridays, and from 9 a.m. until 8 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
We know you don’t want to deal with excess trash in your RV spot while staying here, so let us handle it for you. Trash pick-up is a free service, and executed daily from 1 to 4 p.m. Patrons are asked to use trash barrels or dumpsters for disposal of trash. RV parking attendants have trash liners available for your convenience.
When nature calls, don’t worry! There are porta-jons provided in each RV lot for your convenience.
To give you peace of mind during your stay with us, we provide security to patrol the RV lots. You can reach security by calling 302-883-6753. Security’s hours of operation begin at 7 p.m. on the Wednesday prior to race weekend and end one after the conclusion of Sunday’s race.
For a nominal fee, RV customers can schedule to have United Site Services of Maryland, Inc. pump their RV. Service techs will be circling RV lots on a daily basis for camper pumping from Monday to Thursday from 4 to 8 p.m., and Friday to Monday on a daily basis beginning at 8 a.m. To schedule a time, call 1-800-864-5387.
If you’re looking for a chance to rinse off and clean up a little while you’re here, you can take advantage of the showers located in RV Lot 10, available for a small fee.
Are you lacking water at your RV space? Don’t worry, for a small fee you can contact U.S. Lawns at 302-270-1705 for water delivery.
If you’re looking to get your own personal porta-jon on race weekend, you’re welcome to rent one for a nominal fee by calling United Site Services of Maryland, Inc. at 1-800-864-5387.
ACME CONVENIENCE TENT STORE
When you visit us on race weekend, our main goal is to make sure you enjoy your stay in our RV lots as well as have a blast on the property. To ensure that happens, though, we need everyone to follow a few simple rules and guidelines. Please familiarize yourself with the list below to enhance your race weekend experience, and if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 800-441-RACE.
- RELEASE: A release of liability form must be completed for every spot.
- SELF-CONTAINED: All RVs must be self-contained and must feature on-board sanitation facilities (except in The Valley-Lot 9). “Self-contained” is defined as having on-board potable water storage, a cooking stove, a water or chemical toilet permanently attached to the black water holding tank, and a permanently installed holding tank for gray or black water.
- TOW VEHICLES: Two (2) tow vehicles permitted per RV parking space in Suburbs-Lot 6, Front Stretch-Lot 7 and Woodlands-Lot 10. Only one (1) permitted in Meadow-Lot 2, Hideout-Lot 8, Valley-Lot 9 and Retreat-Lot 12. Parking stickers must be adhered at time of arrival.
- WHEN YOU ARRIVE: Go to your RV Lot during hours of operation and present completed parking release to cashier. All customers arriving after hours will report to Lot 1 and park until registration re-opens. Vehicles must park with the exhaust (tailpipe) to the road and must fit within the spot (minimum 20-feet by 40-feet). Site sizes may vary. No vehicles may be staged on Speedway property prior to the RV lots opening.
- RV MOVING: RVs are not permitted to relocate once Speedway personnel have assigned a spot, or another Lot fee is required. If guests move their RV from their initially assigned space, the Speedway is not responsible for holding that space.
- UNRESERVED CAMPING SITES: These sites are first-come, first-served. If you are asked to move your vehicle, please cooperate. We reserve the right to tow vehicles at the guest’s expense if necessary.
- AVOID THESE POTENTIAL PROBLEMS: Contained fires must be above ground in an approved container. Monitor propane tanks, barbecues and watch for carbon monoxide issues. Keep fire lanes and roadways open at all times. Vehicles blocking safety areas may be towed at guest’s expense. Observe all signs, and obey instructions from Speedway personnel. At night, use extra caution due to lack of lighting. In wet weather, be aware of spots with poor drainage.
- PARKING: Parking is at your own risk. Please lock your vehicle at all times.
- QUIET HOURS: Midnight-6 a.m., including all generators turned off.
- RESPONSIBILITY: Please be responsible in the consumption of all alcoholic beverages.
- BE GOOD NEIGHBORS: Please be courteous to other guests. Remember that you are responsible for the behavior of the visitors that occupy your spot — whether you are in attendance or not. We reserve the right to remove anyone from the property, without refund, if their behavior is deemed offensive, poses a hazard to others, or violates any rules or regulations. Anyone that does not adhere to Speedway rules and policies is punishable up to and including permanent revocation of your spot.
- RULES: The Speedway reserves the right to add or change rules without notice. Any decision interpreting or enforcing these policies is at the discretion of Speedway officials.
- PARKING IN MAIN PARKING AREAS: RV parking is not permitted in the main parking areas at Dover International Speedway including the North, South and West lots. No roping off, blocking or saving spaces.
- TENTS: You may not bring your own tent to camp (except in The Valley-Lot 9).
- BANNED ITEMS: Weapons, ground fires, open fires, fireworks, sky lanterns, sky candles, disorderly conduct and dumping hot coals on ground or dumpsters. Be sure to monitor all fires.
- CERTAIN VEHICLES: No ATVs, golf carts, motorized two-wheel bikes, scooters or unlicensed, low-speed vehicles permitted, except by authorized personnel. Maintain 5-mph speed limit. No sleeping in vehicles other than an RV. No riding in pick-up truck beds.
- FLAG PLACEMENT: Do not erect flags or other structures within 100 feet of any telephone or power lines.
- LOOSE TRASH AND WASTE: Bag all trash and place in dumpsters provided. No draining of gray water or holding tank. Dumping or leaching of waste from RV’s will NOT be tolerated. Offenders are subject to ejection from the lot and arrest.
SPRING 2016 RV GUIDE
The ACME Convenience Tent Store provides an amenity for fans that eases the burden of packing for the races and provides all you need right on-site when you spend a race weekend with us. The 2,500 square-foot tent store offers the convenience of not needing to pack or stock up on items prior to your trip, as the store features many items you can find right in your local grocery store.
Don’t cook! The ACME Convenience Tent will offer ready to eat roasted chicken, hoagies and more. You can order sandwich trays, cookies, bagels, donuts and even propane at the tent. Cigarettes, chewing tobacco, ice and hot coffee starting at 6 a.m. are just a few of the things that will be available to you.
The ACME Convenience Tent will be open Thursday to Saturday 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. It is located just off the intersection of Leipsic Road and Persimmon Tree Lane, at the edge of RV Lot 10.
Be sure to stop by the ACME FanZone tent as well for car and driver appearances, games and prizes! A drawing will take place and a prize will be awarded to the highest scorer of our bean bag game. The drawings will be held a half an hour before closing each day. The FanZone display will also feature a Canstruction — a construction made up of non-perishable food cans, built by a team from Delaware State University. All foods will be donated to the Food Bank of Delaware. Hours for the FanZone tent are Friday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and Sunday 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Click here to download the SPRING 2016 RV guide.