Before attending a race at Dover International Speedway, you can get ahead of the game in enhancing your experience by familiarizing yourself with some of the policies here at the track.
(Click on the downward arrow to expand and view all content).
EASE YOUR ADMISSION PROCESS!
To ensure you make your way to your seats to enjoy the day’s race as quickly as possible, please follow these helpful hints to ease your admission process at the gates:
- ARRIVE EARLY! The easiest way to beat the rush into the grandstands is to get there before the crowds do.
- HAVE BAGS/COOLERS READY FOR INSPECTION! For your safety and the safety of all of our great race fans, we will be conducting bag and cooler searches upon entry. To speed up this process, make sure you have all pockets of your bag and/or cooler open and ready to be inspected.
- TAKE ADVANTAGE OF EXPRESS LANES! For those coming to the race without a bag/cooler, line up in our all-new Express Lanes to avoid waiting for those going through bag inspection. Express Lanes are located at Gates 4A, 5A, 16A and 18.
- SEARCH FOR SHORT LINES! While your race ticket states which gate to use for the most direct access to your seat in the grandstands that is not the only gate you can use to get into the race. Click here to see a grandstand access map, and learn which other gates you can use to access your seating section.
- FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH GRANDSTAND POLICIES! Read below for our full list of grandstand policies, which outlines all allowed items, as well as prohibited items, to help you plan ahead for what you can bring into the race.
BRING YOUR OWN!
There aren’t many professional sporting venues that allow you to bring your own food and drink into the building with you, but lucky for our fans, the Monster Mile is one venue that does allow that. We want you to be comfortable and having a blast in our grandstands, so here is a list of what you can bring in with you, as well as a list of items to leave at home.
- ONE cooler or bag, not larger than 14x14x14 inches
- ONE additional additional lightweight backpack, not larger than 18x18x4 inches, for headsets, scanners, cameras, binoculars, etc.; may not contain ice
No person shall be permitted to enter the grandstands with more than two bags (one cooler or bag) of the types described above).
YOU MAY NOT enter the Grandstands with ANY or the following:
- Any bag, backpack or container larger than described above
- Beverage tubes larger than 14″
- Glass containers
- Knives or weapons
- Inflatables (beach balls, etc.)
- Laser lights and pointers
- Pets (except trained service animals that are leashed at all times
- Items that obstruct views
- Any other item the Dover International Speedway deems to be a safety or health risk
NO items may be left at the gate.
BEER: Packaged beer must be in a can in a cooler.
SEARCH AND INSPECTION
We reserve the right to search and inspect all persons and items entering the facility. This gate admission policy may change prior to each event based upon local, state or national situations. Please contact the Dover International Speedway ticket office for the most updated policies.
ATM machines are located outside the Speedway near Gates 2, 4, 5, 19 in the FanZone at concessions located on the first floor of the Air Conditioned Grandstand (enter the building near the main ticket office, Gate 11) at Gates 3 & 19 and in the North and South grandstands on the upper level. Please note that a service fee is charged for using the machines.
There are concession stands conveniently located around the track, featuring food like hamburgers, hotdogs, Italian sausage, nachos, pizza, soft pretzels, beer, soda and water.
To call a paramedic or ambulance:
1. House phone: 3111
2. Cell phone: 911
On Friday, Saturday and Sunday, the first aid locations are:
1. Finish Line Drive across from Gate 1 (also open Thursday)
2. Corner of Persimmon Tree Lane and Pit Stop Road near Lot 9
3. Across from Gate 15 near the Hospitality Village
4. Gate 6 on the south side of the track
5. Infield Care Center in Turn 4 for inside the track
Paramedics are on the grounds throughout the entire weekend.
No matter how you get to the Monster Mile, we know that many of you are going to want to set up a spot and tailgate when you arrive…and we fully encourage that! All we ask is that you follow a few simple rules that will help everyone enjoy themselves. They are:
- If it fits, it’s allowed! We ask that you only bring to your tailgate what can fit in your vehicle. This includes items like portable grills, shade tents and other standard tailgating items.
- No vehicle extensions! To ensure that each fan enjoys their tailgate and space is equally distributed to our patrons, we ask that no extensions (i.e. trailers) be added to vehicles to carry extra items. This allows each customer a right to the space they paid for and helps make sure everyone in the lot is granted equal space to tailgate in.
- Safety first! We don’t want you getting hurt if you decide to set up shop in your space and throw a little tailgate…or even a big tailgate. So we ask that you not start any ground fires in your space, and if you decide to erect a flag to give your tailgate some personality, use common sense and make sure you do it at least 100 feet away from telephone and power lines.
- Be neighborly! Tailgating is a community activity, so be courteous to your neighbor. It makes the experience that much more enjoyable for everyone.
RV LOT POLICIES
Click here to learn about the ADA policies at Dover International Speedway. For more information on ADA policies, call 800-441-RACE.
Please note that the following activities are not permitted on Dover International Speedway grounds, unless previously approved by the Speedway:
- Solicitation for donations
- Unauthorized sale or purchase of tickets
- Selling of merchandise or services
- Distribution of any item
- Golf carts
- Unauthorized entertaining