Dover International Speedway’s 50th Anniversary historical video, which features interviews with three NASCAR champions, has been released in full in advance of the May 3-5 NASCAR tripleheader weekend, track officials said today.
The 14-minute video, produced by Pam Miller of Fox Sports, includes historic footage, exclusive interview segments and a highlight reel of the most memorable moments and thrilling finishes at the Monster Mile.
Visit DoverSpeedway.com/video to watch the full video, highlighted by the following segments:
- Footage of Dover’s first NASCAR race, the “Mason-Dixon 300,” from July 6, 1969.
- Interviews with NASCAR champions Bobby Allison, Jimmie Johnson and Richard Petty, the top three drivers in all-time Dover victories, and highlights of their top Monster Mile triumphs.
- The first NASCAR Cup Series race following the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, won by Dale Earnhardt Jr. in front of a sea of patriotic fans.
- Coverage of the “Miller Genuine Draft 500,” from June 4, 1995, Dover’s first NASCAR Cup Series race on its new concrete track surface.
“We’re proud of the Monster Mile’s place in auto racing history and its role as an economic driver for Delaware,” said Mike Tatoian, Dover International Speedway’s president and CEO. “We appreciate Bobby, Jimmie and Richard taking the time to sit down with us and relive their Dover memories. We loved taking a walk down Memory (Victory) Lane with them.”
Segments of the video, by decade, had been released to rave reviews and great fan feedback across Dover International Speedway’s social media channels in recent weeks.
“Our fans are definitely invested in the history of the Monster Mile and they’ve proved their interest by making this video one of our most viewed selections on DoverSpeedway.com,” said Doug Yorke, Dover International Speedway’s senior manager of consumer marketing.
The full video is also shown to guests during Monster Mile tours and can be viewed by visiting https://www.doverspeedway.com/video.