KNOW BEFORE YOU GO - DOVER
See below for important entry, entertainment, safety and informative tips to keep in mind before our April 29-May 1 NASCAR tripleheader weekend at Dover Motor Speedway
You can TEXT YOUR CONCERNS all weekend to 302-253-RACE. Inside the body of the message, type DMSfan (insert space) then list your location and need!
DOWNLOAD YOUR TICKETS
Begin your downloading process by CLICKING HERE.
- Log on to your account by clicking the image of the person in the upper right of your screen.
- Once you are logged in, click on Manage Tickets.
- Click on Select Event to download your tickets to that event.
- Click on your tickets for the event.
- Click on Download To Apple Wallet/Google Pay to store to your wallet.
To ensure you make your way to your seats to enjoy the day’s race as quickly as possible, please follow these helpful hints to ease your admission process at the gates:
- ARRIVE EARLY! The easiest way to beat the rush into the grandstands is to get there before the crowds do.
- HAVE BAGS/COOLERS READY FOR INSPECTION! For your safety and the safety of all of our great race fans, we will be conducting bag and cooler searches upon entry. To speed up this process, make sure you have all pockets of your bag and/or cooler open and ready to be inspected.
- KNOW YOUR ENTRY TIME! Your virtual race ticket will have the correct time and gate to enter the grandstands. If you do not see a time on your ticket, you may enter any time once gates are open.
- FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH GRANDSTAND POLICIES! Read below for our full list of grandstand policies, which outlines all allowed items, as well as prohibited items, to help you plan ahead for what you can bring into the race.
There aren’t many professional sporting venues that allow you to bring your own food and drink into the building with you, but lucky for our fans, the Monster Mile is one venue that does allow that. We want you to be comfortable and having a blast in our grandstands, so here is a list of what you can bring in with you, as well as a list of items to leave at home.
We reserve the right to search and inspect all persons and items entering the facility. This gate admission policy may change prior to each event based upon local, state or national situations. Please contact the Dover Motor Speedway ticket office for the most updated policies.
- ATM Machines
ATM machines are located outside the Speedway near Gates 2, 4, 5, 19 in the FanZone, as well as at concessions located on the first floor of the Enclosed Grandstand (enter the building near the main ticket office, Gate 11). On the upper level, machines are located at Gates 3 & 19 and in the North and South grandstands. Please note that a service fee is charged for using the machines.
- Concession Stands
There are concession stands conveniently located around the track, featuring food like hamburgers, hot dogs, Italian sausage, nachos, pizza, soft pretzels, beer, soda and water.
- First Aid
To call a paramedic or ambulance:
1. House phone: 3111
2. Cellphone: 911
On Friday, Saturday and Sunday, the first aid locations are:
1. Finish Line Drive across from Gate 1 (also open Thursday)
2. Corner of Persimmon Tree Lane and Pit Stop Road near Lot 9
3. Infield Care Center in Turn 4 for inside the track
Paramedics are on the grounds throughout the entire weekend.
If you find something, please turn lost items into a Speedway employee at any gate.
To retrieve a lost item on race weekend, go to Ticket Services near Gate 3, open Friday, Saturday and Sunday of race weekend.
If you are looking to retrieve an item after race weekend, contact the security department at 302-883-6513.
No matter how you get to the Monster Mile, we know that many of you are going to want to set up a spot and tailgate when you arrive … and we fully encourage that! All we ask is that you follow a few simple rules that will help everyone enjoy themselves. They are:
- If it fits, it’s allowed! We ask that you only bring to your tailgate what can fit in your vehicle. This includes items like portable grills, shade tents and other standard tailgating items.
- No vehicle extensions! To ensure that each fan enjoys their tailgate and space is equally distributed to our patrons, we ask that no extensions (i.e. trailers) be added to vehicles to carry extra items. This allows each customer a right to the space they paid for and helps make sure everyone in the lot is granted equal space to tailgate in.
- Safety first! We don’t want you getting hurt if you decide to set up shop in your space and throw a little tailgate…or even a big tailgate. So we ask that you not start any ground fires in your space, and if you decide to erect a flag to give your tailgate some personality, use common sense and make sure you do it at least 100 feet away from telephone and power lines.
- Be neighborly! Tailgating is a community activity, so be courteous to your neighbor. It makes the experience that much more enjoyable for everyone.
- Clear your area!: All tailgating accessories (tents, grills, cooler, etc.) must be removed from all driving lanes before entering the Speedway.
For more information on ADA policies, call 800-441-RACE.
Click here to learn about the RV Lot policies at Dover Motor Speedway.
CLICK HERE to download a 2021 Camping Guide.
Please note that the following activities are not permitted on Dover Motor Speedway grounds, unless previously approved by the Speedway:
- Solicitation for donations
- Unauthorized sale or purchase of tickets
- Selling of merchandise or services
- Distribution of any item
- Golf carts
- Unauthorized entertaining
- Drones are not authorized on Dover Motor Speedway property
The reserved RV spaces at the Monster Mile are the only places where customers can guarantee the exact spot they will be parking in for race weekend. The spaces provide the convenience of having your own, guaranteed spot, as well as placing you in close proximity to the track. Load-ins begin on the Wednesday before race weekend.
Reserved RV spaces must be purchased by calling the Dover ticket office at 800-441-RACE. Click below to download a PDF of each RV lot.
Super premium RV parking provides a spacious, 1,800-square-foot paved lot next to the Turn 1 grandstands. Includes a picnic table, fire pit, electric generator hook-ups and other amenities. SEE MAP HERE
Concierge and golf cart shuttle services available Friday-Sunday on NASCAR race weeks. LEARN MORE HERE
Each RV space is 5 feet wider, for a total area of 30-feet by 40-feet, providing room for your RV, personal vehicle, tailgating supplies and more. SEE MAP HERE
Each $500 space is located just behind the Earnhardt Grandstand along the frontstretch. LEARN MORE HERE
ADA spaces are available in all lots.
HOURS OF OPERATION (Subject to change)
RV LOAD-IN (Lots 2, 6, 7 and 10)
Wednesday, April 27 to Sunday, May 1 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Wednesday, April 27 through Saturday, April 30 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
LOT 9 (Tents)
Friday, April 29 to Sunday, May 1 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- All guests report directly to Lot 1 for registration during hours of operation, except Champion's Gate.
- All RVs arriving after registration closes must report to Lot 1 and park until registration re-opens.
- Extreme weather may prevent RV load-ins at scheduled times. Should this occur, we will resume load-ins when conditions improve.
• RV DUMP STATIONS: Left of the main entrance to the track off of Route 13; In front section of Campground Lot 10.
• TRASH BAGS: Available from lot attendant.
• RECYCLING TRASH BAGS: Will be handed out upon entrance to lots. Will be collected on Monday following race weekend from each site.
• WATER: Left of the main entrance to the track off of Route 13; In front section of Campground Lot 10. In several locations of Lot 2 (Refer to map).
• MOBILE ICE SALES HOURS
Thursday, April 28 to Sunday, May 1: 8 a.m.-6 p.m.; Monday, May 2: 8-10 a.m.
• PORTA-JON RENTAL: Call (800) 864-5387 to reach United Site Services of Maryland, Inc. for information. Delivery times 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. only.
• PUMPING: United Site Services of Maryland, Inc., service techs will be in the RV lots for camper pumping. HOURS: Thursday, April 28 to Sunday, May 1: 8 a.m.-6 p.m.; Monday, May 2: 8-10 a.m. Flag down a truck in your lot for servicing or call (800) 864-5387 for more information.
• SHOWERS: In front of Campground Lot 10. Friday, April 29 to Sunday May 1: 7 a.m.-8 p.m.; Monday, May 2: 6-9 a.m.
• NONPOTABLE WATER DELIVERY: Water fills, maxing out at 50 gallons. 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Call (800) 864-5387 for information.
When you visit us on race weekend, our main goal is to make sure you enjoy your stay in our lots as well as have a blast on the property. To ensure that happens, though, we need everyone to follow a few simple rules and guidelines. Please familiarize yourself with the list below to enhance your race weekend experience, and if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at (800) 441-RACE.
1. WHEN YOU ARRIVE: Go to your Campground Lot 1 during hours of operation, except Champion's Gate customers. All customers arriving after hours will report to Campground Lot 1 and park until registration re-opens. Vehicles must park with the exhaust (tailpipe) to the road and must fit within the spot (minimum 20-feet by 40-feet). Site sizes may vary. No vehicles may be staged on Speedway property prior to the RV lots opening.
2. QUIET HOURS: Enforced from midnight-6 a.m. Loud music, large gatherings and unruly behavior is prohibited during this time.
3. GENERATORS: Properly ventilated generators can operate at low decibels, with no disturbance to neighboring sites, at all hours. In an effort to safely combat the dangerous effects of carbon monoxide, vehicle and generator exhaust must be expelled safely into roadways and not into adjacent campsites. We reserve the right to prohibit generator use at any time if it is deemed disruptive or unsafe.
4. SELF-CONTAINED: All RVs must be self-contained and must feature on-board sanitation facilities (except in Campground Lot 9). “Self-contained” is defined as having on-board potable water storage, a cooking stove, a water or chemical toilet permanently attached to the black water holding tank, and a permanently installed holding tank for gray or black water.
5. TOW VEHICLES: Two (2) tow vehicles permitted per RV parking space in Champion’s Gate, Campground Lot 6, Campground Lot 7 and Campground Lot 10. Only one (1) permitted in Geico Campground Lot 2 and Campground Lot 9. Parking stickers must be adhered at time of arrival.
6. RV MOVING: RVs are not permitted to relocate once Speedway personnel have assigned a spot, or another Lot fee is required. If guests move their RV from their initially assigned space, the Speedway is not responsible for holding that space.
7. UNRESERVED CAMPING SITES: These sites are first-come, first-served. If you are asked to move your vehicle, please cooperate. We reserve the right to tow vehicles at the guest’s expense if necessary.
8. AVOID THESE POTENTIAL PROBLEMS: Contained fires must be above ground in an approved container. Monitor propane tanks, barbecues and watch for carbon monoxide issues. Keep fire lanes and roadways open at all times. Vehicles blocking safety areas may be towed at guest’s expense. Observe all signs, and obey instructions from Speedway personnel. At night, use extra caution due to lack of lighting. In wet weather, be aware of spots with poor drainage.
9. PARKING: Parking is at your own risk. Please lock your vehicle at all times.
10. RESPONSIBILITY: Please be responsible in the consumption of all alcoholic beverages.
11. PETS: All pets need to be harnessed, leashed or tethered when outside of your RV. Please clean up after your pets.
12. BE GOOD NEIGHBORS: Please be courteous to other guests. Remember that you are responsible for the behavior of the visitors that occupy your spot — whether you are in attendance or not. We reserve the right to remove anyone from the property, without refund, if their behavior is deemed offensive, poses a hazard to others, or violates any rules or regulations. Anyone that does not adhere to Speedway rules and policies is punishable up to and including permanent revocation of your spot.
13. RULES: The Speedway reserves the right to add or change rules without notice. Any decision interpreting or enforcing these policies is at the discretion of Speedway officials.
1. PARKING IN MAIN CAR AREAS: RVs are not permitted in the general car areas at Dover Motor Speedway including the North, South and West lots.
2. SPACES: No roping off, blocking or saving spaces is permitted.
3. TENTS: You may not bring your own tent to camp (except in Campground Lot 9).
4. BANNED ITEMS: Weapons, firearms, ground fires, open fires, drones, fireworks, sky lanterns, sky candles, Confederate flags/clothes, disorderly conduct and dumping hot coals on ground or dumpsters. Be sure to monitor all fires.
5. CERTAIN VEHICLES: Unauthorized golf carts, ATVs (all-terrain vehicles), scooters, UTVs (utility-terrain vehicles), ROVs (recreational off-highway vehicles), and motorbikes, except by authorized personnel.
6. FLAG PLACEMENT: Do not erect flags or other structures within 100 feet of telephone or power lines.
7. LOOSE TRASH AND WASTE: Bag all trash and place in dumpsters provided. No draining of gray water or holding tank. Dumping or leaching of waste from RVs will NOT be tolerated. Offenders are subject to ejection from the lot and arrest.
Dover Motor Speedway provides many parking, transportation and seating options to fans with disabilities. Included in the services are:
- SEE 2022 ADA PARKING MAP HERE
- Wheelchair-accessible seating, with a seat for one companion per patron with a disability
- Accessible restrooms in grandstands and accessible porta-johns throughout facility grounds
Parking for persons with disabilities is available in multiple parking lots on a first-come, first-served basis. These lots may be accessed by using the main entrance. Depending on your time of arrival, you may be directed to alternate parking for persons with disabilities if the parking lots closest to the track become full.
CALL: 302-883-6756 for a ride.
There will be a free shuttle to the track for persons with disabilities needing to be picked up from RV Lots 9 and 10.
The shuttle starts running at noon on Fridays and 9 a.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
Accessible seating is available for guests with disabilities. If you are in need of wheelchair accessible seating and have not made necessary plans in advance when buying tickets, please call the ticket office at 800-441-RACE. On event day, please visit Ticket Services or locate your nearest usher.
Guests are encouraged to bring their own wheelchair or ECV (electronic convenience vehicle) for personal use while visiting Dover Motor Speedway, as the track does not provide or rent them. Due to safety restrictions, you are not permitted to bring your own golf cart or similar mode of transportation to the property.
FRIDAY, SATURDAY: Elevators 4, 5 available for Sections 115-123.
SUNDAY: Elevators 4, 5, 6, and 7 available for Sections 115-144; Elevators 14, 15, 16 available for Sections 204-227.
Ramp at Gate 3 accesses sections 120-121. Ramp at Gate 19 services sections 205, 206, 209, 210.