AUTISM AWARENESS DAY AT THE RACES
Dover International Speedway is once again hosting a special event for families of children on the autism spectrum for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race on Sunday, May 5! The event, in its eighth consecutive year, will include:
- Seating in the climate-controlled grandstands at the Monster Mile, which offers great views of the backstretch as well as the highly-banked turns
- Pre-race appearances by NASCAR drivers and personalities, including Joey Logano (10:30 a.m.), Clint Bowyer (11 a.m.), Denny Hamlin (11:15 a.m.) and Jimmie Johnson (11:30 a.m.).
- Quiet zone available with muted lighting and sound, allowing attendees to take a break from the race and crowds
- A sensory-friendly quiet room with activities for children
- A hot lunch buffet and non-alcoholic beverages
- Cost: $95 for adults and $25 for ages 12 and under. For more information, contact Vinny Meyer at 302-883-6628 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Autism Delaware Track Walk
Saturday, May 4: Join NASCAR star Clint Bowyer in a rare opportunity to walk the Monster Mile after the completion of the NASCAR Xfinity Series Dash 4 Cash race. The event begins with a pep rally and kickoff at the Monster Monument in Victory Plaza at approximately 4 p.m.