NEW FOR 2022: Coolers are still permitted inside the grandstands, but must now be soft-sided. Hard-sided coolers are prohibited. The size requirements remain the same: 14” by 14” by 14”.
To ensure you make your way to your seats to enjoy the day’s race as quickly as possible, please follow these helpful hints to ease your admission process at the gates:
- ARRIVE EARLY! The easiest way to beat the rush into the grandstands is to get there before the crowds do.
- HAVE BAGS/COOLERS READY FOR INSPECTION! For your safety and the safety of all of our great race fans, we will be conducting bag and cooler searches upon entry. To speed up this process, make sure you have all pockets of your bag and/or cooler open and ready to be inspected.
- KNOW YOUR ENTRY TIME! Your virtual race ticket will have the correct time and gate to enter the grandstands. If you do not see a time on your ticket, you may enter any time once gates are open.
- FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH GRANDSTAND POLICIES! Read below for our full list of grandstand policies, which outlines all allowed items, as well as prohibited items, to help you plan ahead for what you can bring into the race.
There aren’t many professional sporting venues that allow you to bring your own food and drink into the building with you, but lucky for our fans, the Monster Mile is one venue that does allow that. We want you to be comfortable and having a blast in our grandstands, so here is a list of what you can bring in with you, as well as a list of items to leave at home.
We reserve the right to search and inspect all persons and items entering the facility. This gate admission policy may change prior to each event based upon local, state or national situations. Please contact the Dover Motor Speedway ticket office for the most updated policies.
- ATM Machines
ATM machines are located outside the Speedway near Gates 2, 4, 5, 19 in the FanZone, as well as at concessions located on the first floor of the Enclosed Grandstand (enter the building near the main ticket office, Gate 11). On the upper level, machines are located at Gates 3 & 19 and in the North and South grandstands. Please note that a service fee is charged for using the machines.
- Concession Stands
There are concession stands conveniently located around the track, featuring food like hamburgers, hot dogs, Italian sausage, nachos, pizza, soft pretzels, beer, soda and water.
- First Aid
To call a paramedic or ambulance:
1. House phone: 3111
2. Cellphone: 911
On Friday, Saturday and Sunday, the first aid locations are:
1. Finish Line Drive across from Gate 1 (also open Thursday)
2. Corner of Persimmon Tree Lane and Pit Stop Road near Lot 9
3. Infield Care Center in Turn 4 for inside the track
Paramedics are on the grounds throughout the entire weekend.
If you find something, please turn lost items into a Speedway employee at any gate.
To retrieve a lost item on race weekend, go to Ticket Services near Gate 3, open Friday, Saturday and Sunday of race weekend.
If you are looking to retrieve an item after race weekend, contact the security department at 302-883-6513.
No matter how you get to the Monster Mile, we know that many of you are going to want to set up a spot and tailgate when you arrive … and we fully encourage that! All we ask is that you follow a few simple rules that will help everyone enjoy themselves. They are:
- If it fits, it’s allowed! We ask that you only bring to your tailgate what can fit in your vehicle. This includes items like portable grills, shade tents and other standard tailgating items.
- No vehicle extensions! To ensure that each fan enjoys their tailgate and space is equally distributed to our patrons, we ask that no extensions (i.e. trailers) be added to vehicles to carry extra items. This allows each customer a right to the space they paid for and helps make sure everyone in the lot is granted equal space to tailgate in.
- Safety first! We don’t want you getting hurt if you decide to set up shop in your space and throw a little tailgate…or even a big tailgate. So we ask that you not start any ground fires in your space, and if you decide to erect a flag to give your tailgate some personality, use common sense and make sure you do it at least 100 feet away from telephone and power lines.
- Be neighborly! Tailgating is a community activity, so be courteous to your neighbor. It makes the experience that much more enjoyable for everyone.
- Clear your area!: All tailgating accessories (tents, grills, cooler, etc.) must be removed from all driving lanes before entering the Speedway.
For more information on ADA policies, call 800-441-RACE.
Click here to learn about the RV Lot policies at Dover Motor Speedway.
CLICK HERE to download a 2021 Camping Guide.
Please note that the following activities are not permitted on Dover Motor Speedway grounds, unless previously approved by the Speedway:
- Solicitation for donations
- Unauthorized sale or purchase of tickets
- Selling of merchandise or services
- Distribution of any item
- Golf carts
- Unauthorized entertaining
- Drones are not authorized on Dover Motor Speedway property